At Opera Holland Park, we believe everyone should be able to experience excellent innovative opera at an affordable price. Each year we entertain 34,000 people with our critically acclaimed productions in our beautiful 1,001 seat, canopied theatre in Holland Park.
Alongside the classics we stage operas that are rarely produced by anyone else and we delight in introducing new audiences to undiscovered gems.
What We Do
With the support of our community of individual donors, Friends & Supporters, Corporate Sponsors and charitable trust support, we strive to make opera accessible and affordable for all. To do so we offer:
- Critically acclaimed opera productions, including at least one rarity each Season that is unlikely to be seen elsewhere. Read More.
- Accessible Ticket Schemes – providing over 1,500 free tickets to audiences under 18 and over 60, discounted Inspire tickets for anyone who may not otherwise be able to attend and discounted tickets to Emergency Services personnel on the day of the performance. Read More.
- Special performances for those with additional needs through Inspire – including a relaxed performance for children with special needs & their families (read more) audio described performances for blind and partially sighted theatre lovers (read more) and new for 2018 a Schools Matinee.
- Inspire Outreach – Our outreach programme provides workshops to schools, care homes and hospitals for those who could not normally attend the theatre. Read More.
- Young Artists scheme – to encourage the opera stars of the future we support a group of young performers and creatives each Season, giving them the chance to rehearse and perform in a professional environment. Read More.