Opera Holland Park is committed to protecting your privacy.
The text below describes the ways in which we collect information from you and what we may use it for. It should be read in conjunction with the other terms and conditions.
Opera Holland Park is a registered charity (number 1096273), located at 37 Pembroke Road, London W8 6PW. If you have any other questions about this policy, you can email us at email@example.com.
This policy was last updated on 26 January 2017 and may be subject to change according to the changing needs of the organisation.
- What data do we collect from you?
The details which you provide about yourself and any information which identifies you such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, country of residence and credit and debit card details (‘Personal Information’) will only be retained by us if you provide this information when using one of the services available on our website, in person or over the telephone. This includes posting a message on our Ticket Exchange, entering competitions, participating in audience surveys, subscribing to our newsletters or when purchasing tickets or memberships. Personal Information will be held securely on our system, and will be used for operational purposes only.
We also collect and use certain types of information about people with whom we deal with in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective employees, suppliers, clients/customers, donors and others with whom we communicate. It may include any expression of opinion about a living individual or any indication of our intentions about that individual. This data can sometimes comprise personal data about individuals, to which UK data protection laws apply.
If you contact us, we reserve the right to keep a record of that correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into our database.
Personal Information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998. These terms and conditions and our data protection policy describe Opera Holland Park’s approach to fulfilling its obligations under data protection laws.
From time to time, we conduct surveys and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information that might be required. We may also ask you whether you would like to receive promotional emails and mailings from us about our other products or services. Again, you are under no obligation to accept this.
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.
You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all user data concerning yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Opera Holland Park, 37 Pembroke Road, London W8 6PW. If you decide not to use our services any further and notify us either in writing or by email as mentioned above, we shall destroy any retained Personal Information.
- Our use of Personal Information – general guidelines
Personal Information collected from you will only be used in accordance with the following guidelines:
- to communicate with you about updates and changes to our services or supporter schemes
We will use Personal Information to provide and improve our service to you and to notify you of any changes to any memberships or terms and conditions.
- to send you information about our other products and services if you so wish
From time to time Opera Holland Park may wish to send you information about other services or programmes which we offer and believe you may be interested in. On rare occasions, this information may include events or updates about partnering organisations sent on their behalf. If you decide now, or at any later time, that you do not wish to receive this information, please inform us by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can opt out of and unsubscribe to any emails at any time.
Please see the following section of this policy for more information on this: 4. Using ‘Personal Information’ for marketing purposes.
- Internally within Opera Holland Park
Opera Holland Park may make Personal Information available across departments, either for the fulfilment of our services, or to enable them to provide you with information about products or services which they believe you may be interested in. We will never share any data with individuals or companies outside of the organisation.
- Using ‘Personal Information’ for marketing purposes
In complying with the legal requirements, we will ensure that:
- The proposed recipients of our marketing information (including ecommunciations and postal marketing) have given their prior consent to receive the information. This information is held securely on our database.
- Even after prior consent has been given, that the recipients of our marketing information are provided with the option to opt-out of further receipt of marketing information at any time.
- The personal data which we collect relating to the recipients of our marketing information is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and in particular that no more personal data is collected than is required, and that regular surveys are conducted to ensure that the personal data is accurate and kept up to date
- As the Opera Holland Park’s marketing information is directed at both individuals and corporate subscribers, and their employees, a policy decision has been taken to apply the same principles to both types of subscribers on the basis of simplicity, consistency and efficiency, even though the law does not require prior consent from corporate subscribers with regard to marketing by email
- Handling ‘Personal Information’
Personal Information must be handled properly under the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the DPA’). The Act regulates the way that we handle Personal Information that we collect in the course of carrying out our functions and gives certain rights to people whose Personal Information we may hold.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner to process personal data and are named as a data controller under the register kept by the Information Commissioner in accordance with section 19 of the DPA.
All personal ‘user data’ will:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
- Be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and
- Not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
- Be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes;
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act;
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data;
- Only be accessed by employees or trustees of the organisation. We will never share data with individuals or companies outside of the organisation.
- Not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedom of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We will ensure that:
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice;
- There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation. The designated Data Protection Officer at Opera Holland Park is the Head of Finance and Resources, Pradip Rajah.
- Staff who handle Personal Information are appropriately supervised and trained;
- Methods of handling Personal Information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- Any disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with approved procedures;
- We take all necessary steps to ensure that personal data is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure;
You can find out more about the Data Protection Act 1998 on the Information Commissioner’s website.