Inspire provides dedicated educational services to schools and young people across London. Exposing younger generations to opera, educating through music and storytelling enriches the school curriculum and allows young people to access a seemingly exclusive art form.
For more information on our educational projects, please contact Inspire@operahollandpark.com.
Inspire Schools Matinee
La traviata | 13 June 2018 | 12pm
Opera Holland Park is exclusively performing one matinee of Puccini’s La traviata for school groups from the local community on 13 June 2018 and providing two supporting packages in order that all students are fully immersed in the art form.
Our Schools Matinee aims to give students in years 6 to 9 the opportunity to explore and experience an extraordinary professional opera through pre-performance workshops and music or drama educational resource packs.
- For each £5 ticket, schools/students will receive a free educational music and/or drama resource pack.
- Packs will be designed to support and enrich your drama and music curriculum.
- Students will be encouraged to participate, engage and explore the opera through several interactive performance and music-based activities.
- Teachers will be invited to attend a free training workshop pre-performance, designed to offer insights into how to utilise best the resources.
- Prior to the performance, we will offer in-school creative workshops for up to 35 people, combining music and drama to explore the opera in more detail.
- Students will be encouraged to participate, engage and explore the opera in an entertaining, welcoming and supportive environment, allowing them to embrace and perhaps even fall in love with a very special art form.
- Teachers will also be invited to attend a free training workshop, designed to build upon the workshops.
What you get
£5 tickets + free resource packs
£400 per workshop (ticket price included)
Booking opens in October.
Learning Difficulties for PSHE
Inspire is developing a series of in-school workshops to explore, break the boundaries and talk the taboo of learning disabilities.
Having worked with Kensington & Chelsea Learning Disability Service on a number of projects over the years, Inspire is working with the team and the service users once again to collaborate in creating educational workshops for schools and social groups.
Workshops will aim to break the taboo and increase understanding of learning disabilities. Service users, service providers and musicians will work with children and young people to create a musical story, working together as one. An exciting addition to any primary or secondary school’s PSHE curriculum, these educational workshops will be tailored to fit around school schedules.
Archive Education projects
For more information on the Schools Matinee or Learning Difficulties for PSHE, please contact Inspire@operahollandpark.com.