Who we are
Opera Holland Park is an opera company with a unique voice. Based in Kensington, we present an annual festival of fully staged productions in a setting that combines the best aspects of urban and country house opera under one roof. All year round we present performances, discussions and cultural events in partnership with local venues, unlocking the world of opera. Through accessible pricing, education and outreach programmes and family events we bring critically acclaimed work to the widest possible audience.
What we believe
Opera Holland Park believes that everyone should have access to the finest live musical and theatrical experiences, regardless of age, income or education. As an independent charity our mission is to break down the traditional barriers to experiencing opera, and to present this four hundred year-old art form as an open, living and breathing entity, to everyone in our local community and beyond. We pride ourselves on a uniquely welcoming atmosphere, on adventurous artistic planning, on a tradition of presenting unusual works, and on our history of nurturing and developing the talents of singers, directors, conductors, designers and technicians.
Our key aims
- To deliver a dynamic summer season of operas and year-round cultural events
- To build on our reputation as London’s most welcoming opera company
- To stimulate and support a love for opera through our Inspire education and outreach programme
- To identify and develop emerging talent
- To maintain accessible pricing for all members of the community through development, fundraising, and individual and commercial sponsorship